Shopping for Certified Pre-Owned and Used Cars in Thousand Oaks, CA
Are you interested in shopping for used cars in Thousand Oaks, CA? Shaver Chrysler Dodge Jeep® RAM is the only dealership to offer a premium inventory of pre-owned vehicles: both used and Certified Pre-Owned.
Not sure what the difference is? Our auto team took the time to break down the similarities and differences between used and Certified Pre-Owned vehicles for sale at our dealership.
What to Know About Used Cars for Sale
Any car that is not new, or has had a previous owner, is considered a used car. Sometimes, dealerships will refer to these vehicles as their pre-owned inventory.
Generally, all used cars share the same benefits, which include:
- Affordability: One of the benefits of buying a used car is the low price point. Unlike a new vehicle, a used car is available for purchase at a significantly cheaper cost. Despite the affordability, used cars are still reliable and dependable vehicles.
- Inventory: Buying a new car means that you’re limited to the current year’s releases, but with a used car you can buy from any year. Now, you have decades of vehicles to choose your car from, so you can find a vehicle that has all the features you want.
What to Know About Certified Pre-Owned Cars for Sale
Unlike a used car, a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is a specific kind of pre-owned vehicle.
Typically, to be adopted into a dealership’s Certified Pre-Owned inventory, a vehicle must meet certain standard qualifications such as:
- CPO models must be less than five years old
- CPO models must be under a set mileage limit (usually 100,000 miles)
- CPO models must pass a road test and multi-point inspection
As a result of these standards, Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are usually newer than used cars. Generally, they have much lower mileage limits and can be in better overall shape than a traditional used vehicle. However, Certified Pre-Owned vehicles are still a more affordable option when compared to a new vehicle.
Test-Drive Used Cars in Thousand Oaks, CA, Today
Now that you know the difference between used and Certified Pre-Owned vehicles, you can decide which option is right for you. When you’ve made your pick, you can head to our California RAM dealership to test-drive your favorite pre-owned models. Visit today!