Jeep® Tire Service is in Thousand Oaks
When it comes to the Jeep® service that you can rely on, no one performs better than Shaver Chrysler Dodge Jeep® RAM & FIAT. We’re the Thousand Oaks dealership here to share tips and tricks for managing emergency car service between appointments, like changing tires on the go.
How Do I Change a Tire?
Knowing how to change a tire can be incredibly useful, and Shaver Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM & FIAT is here to help. With these simple steps, you’ll get your new tire on and your vehicle back out on the road in no time.
- Get to Safety: If you notice your vehicle has a flat tire, get it to a safe location as quickly as possible. The flatter the surface, the better, when it comes to changing a tire.
- Put it in Park: To avoid your vehicle rolling or moving during service, put it in park and employ the emergency brake. You may also want to check the tires.
- Loosen the Lug Nuts: Many cars have a hubcap or cover. Remove this and then begin loosening the lug nuts, but don’t remove them all the way.
- Jack Your Vehicle: Use your car’s manual to find the best place to put your jack. Then slowly lift the car about six inches off the ground, depending on the size of the tires.
- Remove the Tire: Take the lug nuts off all the way and put them in a safe location. Then remove the tire and place it flat on the ground.
- Replace the Tire: Put the new tire into place and then replace the lug nuts. Tighten them by hand to make sure the tire is in the right position.
- Lower the Jack: Lower the jack so the tire touches the ground but maintains the vehicle’s weight. Then tighten your lug nuts all the way.
- Remove the Jack and Replace the Hubcap: Put your tools away and hit the road in your new Jeep
For tire service you can trust, come down to Shaver Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM & FIAT in Thousand Oaks today.